Monday, October 20, 2008

who i am

I don't want to be confused with someone who cares. I'm taking this class to learn about the government because I think everyone should know as much as possible. I enjoy knowledge. I don't enjoy politics. I don't really care about politics. People tend to base too much on politics. I find that annoying. Therefore, I don't make political statements. I didn't go to listen to Palin because I didn't go to listen to Obama. I don't want anyone to misinterpret my actions as preference for one candidate or party over the other. I do prefer some political ideas and beliefs over others, but that is simply because they appeal to me. I know I cannot adequately argue for them, so I will not mention them. For Kole and Danny, I don't know anything about the Libertarian Party. I appreciate limited government, but whether that appreciation coincides with allignment with the Libertarian Party I am at the moment unsure. I guess if I must make a statement it will be that I am for classical liberalism, which, to the best of my knowledge, places a strong emphasis on personal freedoms, and I am for equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.

Please, anyone, comment on this post in agreement or, as often preferable, disagreement. I urge you. Enlighten me.

No comments: