Sunday, October 19, 2008

Honk For Schools

On the morning of Saturday, October 18, 2008, I campaigned for 3A & 3B at the corner of Aspen and Cherry in Fruita, Colorado. I stood at the four-way intersection there for about an hour and a half getting people to "honk for schools" as my sign said in hopes of garnering support for the school bond measure on the ballot in November. It was actually surprisingly fun. I saw some people I knew, who in turn laughed at me, but if every honk is a vote, my dad said we had one of the best responses yet to the measure. Granted we had some people drive by glaring at us, but generally the response was positive. However, it is still an uphill battle for the bond measure. Not many people know about it and many people don't want their taxes raised, even to help educate our youth.

No comments: